' Gang' - Movie Review
Release Date :12 Jan 2018
Music :Anirudh Ravichander
Writer :Vignesh Shivan
Director :Vignesh Shivan
Producer :K. E. Gnanavel Raja
'Gang' is a remake of Bollywood movie 'Special 26' of Akshay Kumar. Directed by Vignesh Shivan this movie released in Telugu today. Suriya, the talented star who is awaiting a hit since long time starred in this movie. Let us see whether he got the real attention in this movie or not.
The Tamil movie 'Thaana Serndha Kootam' was dubbed and released today in Telugu titled as 'Gang'. 'Gang' is the story of an unemployed frustrated man Suriya (Tilak) who couldn't get into CBI, forms a Gang with Ramya Krishnan (Bujjamma) and few others. They perform fake CBI operations and raids in the society. What happens when the actual CBI officials come to know about this Gang. Will the Gang be caught? This forms the rest of the thrilling story. The original story was a remake of the Hindi movie 'special 26'. The original story was inspired from a real life incident in 1987 when a fake group raided a Jewellery showroom and stole huge money.
- Suriya's extraordinary performance
- Engaging 1st half
- Keerthy suresh's impressive performance
- Ramya Krishnan's natural acting
- A few thrilling scenes could have been shot in a more interesting manner
- Love track is not so effective.
- Vignesh Shivan was successful in making few changes from 'Special 26' according to the South Indian flavor except in the second half.
- Music by Anirudh lets the movie a bit down as none of the songs are soothing.
- Cinematography by Dinesh Krishnan is good.
- Editing by Sreekar Prasad is impressive without making the audience bored.
Gang has an interesting story but in 2nd half it has heavy Tamil mood. The first half and some interesting thrilling sequences make it a good watch different from a regular plot. Suriya drives the 'Gang' movie as a Gang Leader.